It is one of the oldest Tartars settlements of GDL. In 1397, Vytautas settled here 40 captive Tartars. ~ 1630, the village was comprised of 42 Tartar houses – it is thought that this historical event led to the naming of the village. The village is established on the hill; Tartars established the village in such a way as it was usual for them to settle in the steppes. In 2014, Tartar community home was opened.